• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Constant Fucked Up Dreams

8L4YN3

Bluelighter
Just wondering if any of you, who don't suffer from depression or any other mental illness have constant, and i mean every single time you sleep, constant fucked up dreams, pretty much nightmares which are insanely lucid and just fucked up.

Common themes:
Being in hell(i'm not religious, this is just a wasteland of fucked up broken buildings with hundreds of people all meaningless killing, beating each other by all means, people levitating around instead of walking, "people", more like zombies, grabbing hold of me and me in insane fear and not being able to escape).

Losing family members or pets in fucked up ways

Intense arguments and or physical confrontation with family members.

Just messed up shit that feels amazingly real at the time, and leaves me feeling fucking weird when i wake up. They're just too intense.. And always highly negative.

It could be to do with my shingles that i currently have, some kind of psychological bullshit, i dont know, but it has only really been happening since ive had this shit.

Just wondering if anyone else, who has a decent life and is pretty stable mentally, has constant fucked up dreams when they lay their head to rest..

Yes...I can totally relate. I am on an SSRI, which is known to caused fucked up dreams. Sometimes they seem so real, it takes me a second to grab onto reality when I wake up.

Damn bro.. shingles? Eff that... and what do u think about during the day man? Movies u watch? Music u listen to? What u do over the course of days and weeks have an effect on your dreams.

I'm a fairly normal human being. I take 5-HTP to regulate my sleep schedule. I very often dream of finding my younger brother dead, fighting with him to the point of physical exchange, etc.. My dreams are never of fantastical stuff (being in Hell, flying on the moon, etc...) I hear all the time from friends that they dream of doing fantastical shit. I can't fathom that.

Yeah, I notice this kinda stuff whenever I have some underlying stress. Generally the more stressful the days/weeks the more whacked out and horrible the dreams are. This was especially true when I pinched a nerve and my back was in pain and I was having emotional stress, I had dreams of getting a chainsaw to my back and of the likes...

Changed, a well documented side effect of 5-htp is vivid dreams, often overwhelmingly or frighteningly so. Consider not taking it before bed.

OP, I agree that both the shingles outbreak and the dreams are possibly stress-related. You'll want to get an antiviral from your doc for the shingles, and take ibuprofen for the pain, because that contributes to stress too. Then you're going to take a good long look at your lifestyle. Without seeing you in person I can't say more.

^ Yeah i've finished my course of anti-viral, still got the rashes but they're nowhere near what they were, they've changed from being painful to just itchy, which is almost just as annoying.

What sucks is the constant fucking shooting nerve pain i have that runs from my spine to my ribs, like around my side, it's fucked up. Ibuprofen dosn't really help the pain enough, definantly helps though, i use these 400mg tablets of them, so usually 800mg ibuprofen and 140-200mg of codeine. I've gone a couple days without any pain killers so i can guage where the pain is at accurately and its just bullshit, like being stabbing in my spine and all around my right side into my ribs. The pain isn't that bad now, compared to the first week of having the shingles, its like the 3rd week now. One day there i went and got 150mg IM Tramadol from the doc, because of the pain.

As to my lifestyle, i havn't been doing any drugs(apart from analgesics, not exactly abusing them) for well over 2 months, quit smoking weed daily 51 days ago today, so i have no habits, i dont even work so i have no stress there, i eat fruit, vegetables, drink alot of water. Don't have any major stress issues happening, i really don't understand how shingles got triggered in the first place.

Maybe through quitting weed, being angry about being unemployed and not getting any calls back, i dont know. Or i was just unlucky? I don't know.

You should take up lucid dreaming. Dunno if I can post a link, google dreamviews. Basically you can realise that you're dreaming and control your dreams, or at least just have fun knowing it's a dream.

As for what causes it, probably only you can figure that out, but yeah it's usually stress or bad sleep schedule.

Changed, a well documented side effect of 5-htp is vivid dreams, often overwhelmingly or frighteningly so. Consider not taking it before bed.

I take it in the morning with my multi-vitamin... still gives me fucked up dreams the next night. I don't really mind though.

I usually take it in the morning b/c of the danger of mixing w/ alcohol.

Sometimes I think to myself "If anyone knew how fucked up my dreams are, I'd be locked up in an insane asylum." lol

Are you depressed or very anxious or under lots of stress in your life? Those can cause nightmares or unpleasant dreams.

I never had any horrible dreams when I was on SSRIs but I would get them when I was very depressed/anxious and not on one.

Are you on any medications at all? Certain medications have this as a side effect.

Have you been to a doctor about the shingles?

SSRIs gave me very vivid dreams though they were not usually disturbing. Chantix(Champix-varenicline)- caused vivid but very disturbing dreams- like very bad graphic horror movies. Other vivid dream contributors for me have been risperidone(likely raised prolactin is the cause here) DMAE, clonidine and big doses of B-6.

Re: shingles- I'm pretty sure there is an inoculation that can reduce future occurrences but at this time I don't recall any info about cost or level of effectiveness.

I have been in your place my friend. It just means that something in your life is bothering you. Your dreams are subconsiously telling you that something is wrong. Everything you dream of means something else. The fucked up broken buildings mean something. Go to someone that can interpret your dreams for you. You will be surprised at what they are trying to say to you.

Are you depressed or very anxious or under lots of stress in your life? Those can cause nightmares or unpleasant dreams.

I never had any horrible dreams when I was on SSRIs but I would get them when I was very depressed/anxious and not on one.

Are you on any medications at all? Certain medications have this as a side effect.

Have you been to a doctor about the shingles?

Do you even read the thread or the replies before you post?:)

Over reacting?

Just wondering if any of you, who don't suffer from depression or any other mental illness have constant, and i mean every single time you sleep, constant fucked up dreams, pretty much nightmares which are insanely lucid and just fucked up.

Common themes:
Being in hell(i'm not religious, this is just a wasteland of fucked up broken buildings with hundreds of people all meaningless killing, beating each other by all means, people levitating around instead of walking, "people", more like zombies, grabbing hold of me and me in insane fear and not being able to escape).

Losing family members or pets in fucked up ways

Intense arguments and or physical confrontation with family members.

Just messed up shit that feels amazingly real at the time, and leaves me feeling fucking weird when i wake up. They're just too intense.. And always highly negative.

It could be to do with my shingles that i currently have, some kind of psychological bullshit, i dont know, but it has only really been happening since ive had this shit.

Just wondering if anyone else, who has a decent life and is pretty stable mentally, has constant fucked up dreams when they lay their head to rest..

Hey,
ive been going through the exact same shit.
ive been having the most intense dreams where i start to forget what is reality, like ill wake up from a dream and think that what happened was real.
Its like my dreams have become my realities.

Im trying to find a way to get over it, smoking pot, drinking teas, anything that would help.

I heard eating late caused those dreams, so i even stopped that.

Whats your advice or what you've tried, cause I will too.
:| I hope it gets better, like seriously.

shit, i been havin this type of dream for a long time. Now Im pregnant, and its even crazier. My moms told me that when u prego u have CRAZY dreams, and the shit is true. Ill give u just a real quick run down of some of the ones i can remember...

Last night i dreamed that i was in some kind of huge group fight, like my team against the other team, watever that was...And it was just a mad violent war type fight...we were all runnin around killin and stabbin each other with these big ass hunting and boning knives and shit...I got my thumb cut off...Becuz somehow the other team had all these great weapons and my team didnt have none....I was wrestlin down on the ground with this other broad who had this little tiny really sharp knife and she kept tryin to cut my eyes out...

Another one would be when I got lured into some kidn of brokedown-ass crackhouse type of place full of a group of "lost boys" type of kids. They all was like, the typical "bad kids" back in school--the 4th-grader who tortures neighborhood animals, etc..except they had all grown up to their late teens, a lil yonger than me, and they were mega sociopaths, like they had grew up to just have NO regard at all for human life...So I got shot in the chest with a HUGE gauge shotgun that made these giant-ass holes in my chest, and with each shot i could feel the life leaving out of my body...then i died, but my presence was still there in my dead body, and i started movingaround and they freaked out and all started laughin, so they started torturing my dead body with like ice picks thru my skull and shit like that. finally they got tired of it, and they tok my body and stuffed it into a dryer, pourd gasoline on it and lit it on fire....

Then another one i remember where i got trapped in this abandoned house that had got burned down in the 80s, and i was there with a class, it was like a class trip or somethin, and the ppl who had supposedly died in the fire, it turned out that they were still alive...and as we was abotu to leave, they came back and showed up at the site of the burnt down house and wanted to kill us all for some reason...they had big ass guns and put the gun to my head and the rest of the ppl i was with, and we all had to lay down on the ground while they poured gas on us and lit us on fire and we burnd to death (IDK the deal with the repetition of the gas/fire shit)

Ive had 2 or 3 dreams i can remember of bein stuck/trapped inside a cow slaughterhouse, but it wast just ur regular factory, it was like a "evil" slaughterhouse, the kind that would be in a horror moviie, they alway slooked super randown and old and dilapidated and dirty and dark and blood coverin everything, really old , creaky-ass broke down machines tearin apart the carcasses and shit....

Another one I had was that I got trapped inside this old weird gym/YMCA type place, it was like a old elementary school gymnasium, and i had to stay there overnight cuz there was a bad snow storm, and we were smoewhere in like buttfuck pennsylvania....And when i looked, there was these paintings on the wall. ...and when i looked closer, every single one of them was like a normal painting, except hidden in it somewhere, was pained a brutal murder scene...Like, a scene of kids riding to school on a school bus, when u looked in the back window, u could see a gunman blowin the kids heads off with a shotgun and the blood exploding against the back window, etc shit like that. And i started gettin a really bad feelin cuz i realized that the kids was all evil, and i was trapped there and had to get out cuz they planned to make al those pictures real, and kill me too, so i finally managed to excape and get away, except as i was driving, i looked in my backseat, and one of the "evil paintings" was somehow in the car with me and i realized it meant that i was gonna die either way, but then i woke up before i died.

Here is a freaky-ass one that bugged me out at the time...I was at smoe kind of party with this old-ass blues man. He was like , 65 years old, really old time southern blues mutha fucka. he was like my dream version of like Muddy Waters or somethin. well i was sittin next to him on a bench and talkin about music, but then i felt this warm, wetness on my leg......and i looked down, and the bench was COVERED with hot, gushing blood,,, somehow, the area of his entire groin, dick and balls, and the inside of his thigh halfway down to his knee, had been completely RIPPED off, and it was just this giant, open, bloody gushing hole of exposed muscles and veins where his leg and groin shoulda been...And he just kept bleedin out, gettin weaker and weaker, and dying, and somehow his mom appeared (she was 45, and white, lol, wtf?) and seh wanted ME to save him, im like lady i dont even KNOW this dude, and she wouldnt call 911 or help put a tourniquet on or ntohign and jsut wanted me to help him not die.....

I could go on postin for days and days. I have some fucked UP dreams, all the time. And the funny thing is that i dont watch fucked up shit on TV. I aint into all that gore shit. Like i aint AFRAID of it, i dont go out of my way to avoid it, but i just never been the type of person who watches movies with a lot of really explicit gory nasty violence, i dont evne watch the operations when i watch House, u feel me? I dont put alot of violent disturbing type of images in my head, i refse to even watch Saw or Hostel or none of those type of movies...So i dont knwo where this shit comes from....especialy cuz I aint stressted out at all, I feel really happy and matter fact i feel less depressed and happier than i ever felt in my entire life, life is GREAT...but i always stay havin these CRAZY ass super violent gorey ass dreams.....Sometimes Im gettin brutally murdered, sometimes I am killin or hurting other people in self defense, (its never for a reason other than self defense tho) and sometimes its just fucked up weird ass scenes , but irs always some fucke dup shit.

I aint on no medications or nothing except methadone. i dont take no sleeping pills, vitamin supplements for sleep, no melatonin or htp or gaba or none of that shit. I dont drink or smoke cigs or soke weed or do no drugs, and i aint for a very long time, over a year for not smokin weed, and i aint use recreational drugs in 5 monts.

SO, im sorry i cant offer u answers, but i can at least tell u that u aint alone, becuz even before i was prego, i would be havin some fucked the fuck up dreams like everydamn night. I kinda just roll with it now and be like WTF? That shits crazy. O well, it aint real, time to wake up. Sometimes i do have a dream thats so disturbing that it upsets me even when i am still awake and i feel all weird and uncomfortable but thats rare--becuz i have these dreams SO much and it been happenin for so long, im learnin to just dismiss them and not even pay them no mind. i hope u can get to that point too and not be too freaked out by em, they only dreams, and over time u will just be able to laugh and be like, haha,, wow, my brain is just crazy. :)

Lately I have been having very intense and sometimes very scary fucked up dreams. I'm not currently taking anything prescribed but I do take Kratom everyday and I think that's contributing to it. I had a pretty intense zombie nightmare the other night actually to. I get zombie dreams a lot but haven't had one for a while till the other night. Other then that I can't even explain how intense and fucked up they are. It kinda sucks really.

YES - ive been having incredibly disturbing dreams (nightmares) as long as i can remember. i am mentally stable, always have been, safe, loving home all my life - happy person.

my dreams have always most frequently centered around one theme which is my mother dying, every time in a different horrific, graphic way which leaves me feeling guilty almost for thinking it. ive not told ANYONE some of the ways in which ive dreamt she dies...i know this is from my fear of losing her which ive always had as shes always had health issues and as a youngster i couldnt cope.

BUT, overall, i always think that if people knew what i dreamt about they might be concerned/afraid. many dreams ive had still haunt me years later, if for no other reason i can never understand how i dream about experiences that i should have no knowledge of, or situations that are not even some version of what my real life is, just completely dark and distrubing.

ive never been able to notice a pattern, like times of stress, etc...they come and go and its always a shock/surprise when one occurs.

my mother always said its an "overactive imaginiation" letting loose ...well the things i imagine during the day are never anything nearly as creative/twisted as my dreams.

its a mystery to me.

usual healthy stuff.. exercise, healthy food, caloric restriction all help me regarding sleep, if your dreams are distressing, your probably not getting as 'quality' sleep you need